Membership in the Forty & Eight is by invitation only.
Become An American Legion Member
If you are on active duty today, anywhere in the world, or have served during any eligible war eras, you are a veteran and you're eligible to become a Legionnaire!
Membership Eligibility Requirements
- April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918 (World War I)
- December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- December 7, 1941 - August 15, 1945 (Merchant Marine)
- June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause - Panama)
- August 2, 1990 to today (Operation Desert Shield/Storm)
You may fill out the printable application and mail it to:
- American Legion Post 95
- Attn: Membership
- P.O. BOX 417
- Liberty, MO 64069
Please be sure to complete all areas of the application, sign it, and include your payment by check or money order.
Note:You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, fill out, and print the membership application it is free to download and use. You can download it from Adobe